Pan-Seared Pork Chop with Sage-Apple Cider Sauce & Swiss Potato Rösti

This was pan-seared pork chop with sage - apple cider sauce served with Rösti.

We bought apple cider at our local farm stand to enjoy a taste of autumn. While we were enjoying drinking it, I had an idea to use it for cooking. I adapted the recipe of Pork Chops With Apples and Cider by the New York Times and made some changes as usual. I skipped adding apples. I replaced potato starch with corn starch. I used a little bit of heavy cream instead of 3 tablespoons crème fraîche. For garnish, no fresh parsley or chives, but fresh sage leaves. The result was very tasty. The sweet apple sauce went very well with pork. For sides, I made Rösti, swiss-style potato pancake, and steamed broccolis. It was a lovely dinner that J liked very much!

Popular Posts