Ixtapalapa Taqueria

We had a taco brunch at Ixtapalapa Taqueria in Gaithersburg, MD.

After shopping in Clarksburg, we dropped by this place for brunch on our way home. It was our first time to visit the place. Because it was a taqueria, their specialities were tacos while I saw a couple of customers eating a kind of soup bowl dish that looked spicy.
J and I both ordered three tacos. Mine was Pollo (grilled chicken in an achiote rub), Carne Asada (gilled steak), and Cochinita Pibil (slow roasted pork in citrus and achiote marinade). There was a topping bar serving some kinds of sauces and garnishes like cilantro, lime wedges, and radish. I liked my tacos. Simple and tasty. J seemed to enjoy his. The place was open, casual, bright and clean. I wouldn't mind having another taco brunch/lunch if we were around the area.   

Popular Posts