Baltzersen's

Baltzersen's is a café delivering Yorkshire-sourced, Scandinavian-inspired food. A mountain of cinnamon buns at the entrance easily draws me into the place. In fact the inside is cozy and relaxing to stay even alone.
One day I took J to have an early lunch there. Unfortunately it was before noon, so the lunch menu wasn't available. There were some savory dishes for all day; I chose avocado on toast with roasted tomatoes, shredded fennel, garlic aioli and lingonberry ketchup, and Gravlaks and Potato (Home-cured salmon on potato cake with a poached duck egg and sweet dill dressing) for J. I liked mine although J's dish didn't impress him, which doesn't mean he didn't like it but most likely he won't order it again.
On the other hand, I went back to the cafe later and had a Skolebrød - a sweet soft bread with a hint of cardamom, topped with a custard dot and fine coconuts. So delicious! A few days later I bought and took two Skolebrød back home. One for me; one for J. I was glad that he liked it! 

Popular Posts