Konak Meze, again

We revisited Konak Meze for early dinner. My first dish was Kisir (cracked bulgur wheat mixed with tomato, peppers, onions and mint, topped with pomegranate juice and walnut). I liked it very much. On the other hand, somehow I don't have a photo of J's starter. Either he or I don't remember what he had.
My second dish was Imam Bayildi (classic oven baked Ottoman dish of roasted eggplant stuffed with vegetables cooked with olive oil served with rice and salad). It was pretty good, too! I was happy with my vegetarian dish choices.
J's second dish was, I believe, Anadolu Tavuk (strips of chicken breast slowly cooked in a
creamy tomato sauce with garlic, peppers & finished with cheese in pancake basket served with sautéed vegetables and rice).
We like not only their delicious food but also their business hour. We really appreciate that they serve meals in the late afternoon while many other restaurants in the town close between lunch and dinner times.

Popular Posts