Tiptree Orange Marmalade on Manna's Honey & Spelt Bread

One thing I wanted to try in England was a classic English breakfast - marmalade on toast. When I was in a Waitrose store in Harrogate to buy marmalade, I had a nice conversation with a lady who was standing next to me and picking up marmalade. We both were checking the percentage of total orange contents, trying to find the highest jar. Meanwhile, we talked about foods in England and in Japan, her family's diet, how I has been enjoying Harrogate, and so on. At the end, we both picked one jar and said bye-bye. I think people here are generally friendly. 
My choice was Wilkin & Sons 'Tiptree' orange marmalade - 45g of fruit contents per 100 g, which was one of the highest contents. I liked medium cut that gave me a good balance between smooth texture and a good bite of fruit. Not too much chunky or too jammy.
For the special marmalade experience, we bought a honey and spelt bread from Manna Bakery. The bread was light and tasty and toasted very well. We also had some fresh strawberries and figs. I have been pleased with fresh fruit here, especially strawberries, my favorite fruit! They tastes pretty good.
I am sure I will finish the marmalade jar very soon, and keep one in fridge.

Popular Posts