Don't Tell the Duke in Wetherby

Our first burgers in England were at a restaurant called Don't Tell the Duke in Wetherby. I had "Stay classy burger" - beef patty (from 100% pure bred Yorkshire cattle), burger sauce, cheddar cheese, baby gem, tomato and onion, served with fries. The patty was nicely lean, tasted clean, almost like bison, I thought. I was almost ordering vegetarian Falafel burger, but glad that I tried a beef burger. I think that J had a kind of beef burger with bacon and he enjoyed it very much.
The lunch was on our way back home from Lotherton Hall, an Edwardian country house in West Yorkshire. The inside of house was decorated with a great collection of furniture, ceramics, arts, etc while the house was also surrounded by charming gardens, natural woods, apple orchard (it was early September. Apples were ready to eat!), an 11 century chapel, and...
penguins???
There was a bird garden that housed "over 480 individual birds, from more than 130 different species." I have never thought that an old country house came with penguins and pink flamingos. That was a total surprise!

Popular Posts