The Fat Badger

I have never seen a Badger, an iconic species in UK, and become more curious about the animal whenever I passed by the pub named The Fat Badger. One day we didn't have many options for dinner around 4pm. We were close to the pub. Why not?
Honestly, my expectation of their food wasn't high: it was just a pub, sharing a property with a hotel. I ordered grilled chicken breast with basil pesto. Actually it wasn't bad. That was a positive surprise.
J had a kind of lamb dish, I think, along with chickpea and feta salad. It seems that he enjoyed his dinner. The presentation of salad was interesting. I think that it was different from what J expected.
Moreover, I took a chance to order a dessert - my first sticky toffee pudding in England. It was pretty sweet and sugary, but not too bad.
Various "badger" things were decorated in the pub. Not all looked fat...     

Popular Posts