Kedgeree & more @ Bettys

Our first food experience in Harrogate was at Bettys, the most famous tea room/restaurant in the town. Since then, we have become their loyal customers. At our first visit, I had simple egg sandwiches and J had kedgeree; we both also had a pot of tea. Although I was still tired with a long travel from US and didn't have much appetite, the sandwiches were simply nice. J enjoyed kedgeree very much. It was very richer and creamier than one I made before.

Quickly we returned to Bettys. I had kedgeree. It was very creamy indeed. I liked a porched egg on top instead of boiled egg. I would love to have a recipe of the kedgeree.
J enjoyed his Swiss Breakfast Rösti. It seemed like a nice alternative with a traditional English breakfast.
We didn't order desserts at tables but are keep coming back to get some pasties that I will introduce in near-future posts. 
The photo above was taken in early August. It looks that Bettys changes and adds seasonal items while they keep signature items year-around. That's one of many reasons for me to visit the shop frequently so that we won't miss any. 

Popular Posts