The Drum & Monkey

A nice surprise in Harrogate is that I have been easily found nice seafood dishes at restaurants. One such restaurant was the drum and monkey. They says that "they are the only dedicated seafood restaurant in Harrogate." I guess that it means that other seafood restaurants offer somethings non-seafood like chicken pie, but the drum & monkey doesn't.
The upstairs dining room was charming. We were luckily able to have the only table at the bay window - the most popular and intimate table that you can see in the entire room and feel like you are floating over the street.
First, bread has arrived! It was chewy and tasty. I remember J quickly finished a couple of pieces.
I had fillet of hake with rainbow chard, butternut squash and lobster bisque. The fish was cooked to perfection - crispy skin and tender flesh. It tasted clean and fresh. The sweet butternut squash and earthy green with savory sauce were wonderful complements.
J's dish was lightly grilled fillet of sea trout with prawn and clam courgette spaghetti. At that time, I still didn't know what courgette was and wondered why I didn't see pasta in his dish. By now I have realized that it's British name of zucchini. I am sure that J liked the dish very much no matter what he expected in terms of spaghetti.
For desserts, we shared vanilla panna cotta with strawberry sauce. It was delightful!
The dinner was a pleasant experience. Whenever we would like to taste seafood, this'll be our primary option to visit.

Popular Posts