Zinc

We had a light lunch at a French cafe, Zinc. I had savory crepe with mushrooms. There were many tiny mushrooms hidden in the delicate crepe. I wanted to save the adorable baby mushrooms but ate them after all.
J ordered croque monsieur. It looked nice while I don't remember his reaction. The only thing I remember was he left the little slaw. It must have had too mayo. I wanted to try this cafe because I saw several photos of desserts such as pear frangipane tarts and rum baba on tripadvisor. However, when we were there, I didn't see any signs of dessert unfortunately. At least I liked my crepe. I will peek into the cafe another day to seek desserts.
By the way, there was a small florist near by Zinc, and we saw several plants with neatly trimmed green leaves. I think it's true that English people love gardening, at least here in Harrogate. I have seen many small or large garden of residential houses are decorated with various flowers, bushes and trees in probably the owner's taste. During our second temporary housing, our downstair neighbor lady was watering her back garden plants in the evening. 
 It's fun to browse the owners' personality via garden.      

Popular Posts