Restaurant 92

We had our first Sunday lunch at Restaurant 92. When we arrived there, we were only customers. We enjoyed a private lunch and nice chat with our waiter until a group of four showed up later.

We chose two course. At the beginning, bread was served. It was different although unfortunately I don't remember the details now. 
J's first dish was duck liver parfait with homemade brioche and picked radishes. So pretty and very light.
Mine was Orkney hand dived scallops. I was surprised at seaweed in the plate. I loved it!
Both J and I had Sunday lunch special dish as the second dish - aged roast sirloin of beef and bone marrow with Yorkshire pudding, potatoes and vegetables.
Beef was lovely tender and tasted clean. My first Yorkshire pudding! Amazingly huge! It was like a giant popover. Well, vegetables were in jumbo size, too. Everything was tasty while the bone marrow was a little too salty for me.
It was a lovely Sunday lunch. I don't mind coming back again, probably for dinner next time to try their beef wellington. Plus, I would like to try their desserts, too! 
Walking across The Stray, a part of the 200-acre-public parkland in the centre of Harrogate to go home made me feel after the rich, substantial meal.
The wide open grass field is definitely one of multiple reasons why I like this town. 


Popular Posts