Bettys Lemony Cakes: Lemon & Lime Cake vs Lemon Curd Torte


We love lemony desserts. Our favorite bakery Bettys has a couple of options. Lemon & Lime Cake was so light, moist and lovely zesty. It was not too sweet, perhaps because lime juice was used more than lemon juice in the cake. The cake was delightful. I can see myself buying another loaf in the near future. It will be perfect with a tea in the summer afternoon.


Lemon Curd Torte was a zesty sponge cake layered with lemon curd and lemon buttercream. It sounded wonderful, didn't it? However, the cake was too sweet for me. Is such a thing possible? Yes, it was in this case. I think the lemon curd was too sweet/eggy and less lemony. The cake looked pretty and I wanted to like it, but unfortunately it wasn't my taste.



Winner: Lemon & Lime Cake!

Popular Posts