Bettys Yorkshire Sloe Gin Fruit Cake


Although I don't know anything about gin, the drink seems so popular in England. Since gin is known as England's national liquor (more precisely, the south is gin while the north is whiskey according to wiki), no wonder that liquor stores and the alcohol sections in grocery stores in the town carry many bottles of gin. Even in fruit cakes!


Bettys Yorkshire Sloe Gin fruit cake was packed with vine fruits, figs and Morello cherries infused in Yorkshire Sloe Gin. I didn't find it was boozy. Well, I don't know gin's flavor, so I couldn't detect any gin anyway. At least I could say the cake was pretty rich and delicious.



The decoration of the cake - the combination of glace figs and brazil nuts - looked bold. First I didn't know what the dark shiny fruits on the top were. The cake was nested in a beautiful "Bettys keepsake tin," by the way.

Popular Posts