Lunch @ Bettys Cafe Tea Room Harrogate


While we visit Bettys Shop almost everyday, we haven't been to the cafe tea room for a while. Here we were! We took our friends from the Netherlands there for a late lunch. We thought if you come to Harrogate, you can't go home without visiting the town's most famous tea room.

I tried Aubergine Schnitzel (crispy aubergine slices on a bed of herbed new potatoes, roasted red peppers, capers, and rocket. Garnished with pickled red onions and oat crème fraiche). It was pretty good! I don't remember if I saw the dish on the menu before. Maybe it was a seasonal dish. J's choice was Chicken Schnitzel (Yorkshire chicken with gruyère cheese coated in Bettys breadcrumbs, pan-fried until golden, served with pommes allumettes, mixed salad leaves and roasted cherry tomatoes). I believe he liked his dish.



Our friends were wise not to miss Bettys desserts. We followed them with a respect. While I have had most of Bettys Cakes & Pâtisserie usually as a take-out, I haven't had their ice cream sundaes yet, which I can't take home. I couldn't miss this opportunity. There were two kinds of sundaes: Brown Bread Sundae and Fruit Sundae. Both sounded nice, but I was in the mood for fresh fruity instead of nutty/toffee.


The Fruit Sundae consisted of seasonal fruits, which were strawberries, blueberries and raspberries, homemade raspberry sauce, meringue, whipped cream, and vanilla and strawberry ice cream. It was delightful and very satisfying. Practically the sundae was my main dish of the lunch.

Popular Posts