Homemade Semolina, Coconut & Marmalade Cake without Semolina


I know the most important ingredient was missing. I couldn't find semolina flour at a local M&S or Waitrose. I replaced semolina with all-purpose flour and ground almonds. The recipe was from Jerusalem, matching the wonderful cod cake dish. I skipped orange blossom water, which I didn't have in hand. Instead I used honey in syrup.


The cake was fantastic. Shredded coconut added a nice texture and flavor. Sweet bitter marmalade and fresh orange juice and zest made the cake ultra orange-y without being too sweet. While the recipe suggested serving the cake with Greek yogurt, flavored with a drip of orange blossom water, I served with a scoop of store-bought frozen Green yogurt with honey. I really liked the dessert. 

Popular Posts