Cakes from Baltzersen's: Elderflower & Mascarpone Cake and Signature Carrot Cake


If my memory is correct, the cake was elderflower and mascarpone cake, but it was a couple of months ago when we had it; I can be wrong. Anyway, I remember the cake was lovely. Very moist and delicate. The pale pink colored cream was adorable. I haven't seen the cake since then. Probably it was a seasonal limited item.


Somehow I thought that carrot cake (with cream cheese frosting) was an American thing, but according to wiki, the origins have been disputed among England, France, or Switzerland, and "Many food historians believe carrot cake originated from such carrot puddings eaten by Europeans in the Middle Ages." This Signature cake was made by a Scandinavian cafe. I guess carrot cake is now universal. This one was a model of carrot cake - sweet, moist, spiced sponge with sweet, rich frosting. Carrot cake casts a magic spell "I am a healthy sweet!" on me. No matter if it's true or not, the spell worked well for me this time.

Popular Posts