Fluffy Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins

These were fluffy Whole Wheat Zucchini muffins.

I associate zucchini with summer. I suddenly felt I hadn't enjoyed zucchini enough this summer. So I grabbed one zucchini at grocery store and took it home. Then, what could I do with it? Here was the answer. A good one.

My version of zucchini muffins was healthy whole wheat basis, lighten up with cake flour, adding extra fiber from flaxseeds. No butter, no refined sugar. While they were not sweet at all like my usual baking goods, hidden raisins were natural intense sweet spots.

They were very fluffy and lovely moist. Great for breakfast or anytime!

Fluffy Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins
MAKES 12

1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 egg
1 cup low-fat yogurt
2 tbs honey
3 tbs Splenda
1 tsp vanilla extra
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup raisin 
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cake flour
3 tbs ground flaxseed meal
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch salt

1. Squeeze shredded zucchini to remove liquid as much as possible, place in a bowl. Add egg, yougurt, honey Splenda, vanilla and mix well. Add oil and mix well. Add raisin.
2. In a different bowl, whisk flour, flaxseed meal, baking power/soda, salt. Shift into zucchini mixture and mix gently. Spoon in lightly-oiled muffin pan. Bake 375 F, about 25-30 min.

Popular Posts