Homemade Tagliatelle al Sugo di Funghi & Roasted Beet Salad

This was Homemade Tagliatelle al Sugo di Funghi, Tagliatelle with Mushroom Ragu, served with Roasted Beet Salad.

I had not made homemade fresh pasta for a while. This opportunity reminded me how fun it was!
Some pasta were short; some long; some very long... which was significant of homemade. The pasta machine attachment for my Kitchenaid standing mixer, which was a special gift from J, worked perfectly.

The fresh pasta was Tagliatelle. It is traditionally dressed with Ragu alla Bolognese, a meat-based sauce originating from Bologna, Italy. I cooked a meaty hearty sauce like Bolognese sauce with vegetables: Sugi di Funghi, mushroom ragu. To bring up full vegetable flavor, I sauteed onion, celery, carrot and mushroom about 1 hour and simmered with tomato sauce about 3 hours. The result was just what I loved!

Quickly boiled fresh pasta was smooth light texture as it was meant to be, and matched my mushroom sauce very well. Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano was welcome too.

For a starter including some fresh greens, I also made roasted beet salad. Tossed with fresh goat cheese and roasted walnuts, which is a classical combination with beets, dressed with balsamic vinegar, our beet salad was a simply divine. What else would we need?

Popular Posts