Custard Cream Tart with Caramelized Apple

This was custard cream tart with caramelized apple that I brought to the luncheon at Mr.&Mrs. T.

My image of the desserts was something with buttery tender almond tart, autumnal fruits, custard cream, and bitter caramel flavor. Plus, something easy to travel and serve.

There were unexpected happenings when I looked for my dream tart molds and when I cooked apples, but after all everything was alright, at least in my opinion. The custard cream that I made by following a new recipe was sensational. It was clearly different from ordinal custard cream. It provided two dimensional tastes: rich egg custard and rich milk. It had a certain "body" but still smooth and airy, melting in the mouth.... in short, J and I loved it!

J kindly helped caramelizing sugar sprinkled on apples with a torch. The torch was a gift from J's parents, which I had not used yet. I was excited to use it this time and very happy with the chic looking that J created on the apples with the torch.

Popular Posts