Afghan Mustard Chicken

This was another Afghan dish, Afghan Mustard Chicken.

I adapted a recipe from the same website, Afghan Culture Unveiled, from where I adapted a recipe for our Aushak and Kadoo dinner. The website said although this chicken dish is not a traditional Afghan, it uses a lot of the traditional spices.

While I personally am not a big chicken fan, the picture on the website looked nice and I was curious what the yellow mustard-marinated chicken would taste like. Well, the taste could like mustard because of a lot of mustard. Yes, a lot. I had never seen any recipe that called for 14 oz mustard!

Actually I used less than 14 oz because the weight of chicken I bought was less than those of the recipe. Other than that, I followed the recipe closely.

While the chicken was swimming in a mustard pond, I baked pita breads so that we could make pita pocket sandwich filled with the chicken and fresh arugula and sliced tomatoes.

The outpt was surely "mustardy," and we liked it! Our pita sandwich form was very enjoyable to eat.

Popular Posts