Smoke Tea Duck Enchiladas Verdes

This was Smoked Duck Enchiladas Verdes.

For the filling, I mixed Smoke Tea Duck leftover from Chinese take-out and black bean mixture leftover from black bean tacos, along with sauteed scallions and a handful of shredded Mexican cheese mix. Shells were homemade corn tortillas. I still like my heavy-duty tortilla press.

Talking about a sauce, we made Enchiladas with Red Sauce, the filling of which was smoked pork before. With the smoke tea duck, a deep earthy red sauce didn't sound right. I tried a tangy bright green one - Salsa Verdes. Since I couldn't find fresh tomatillos, I used three cans of tomatillos, which were a reasonable replacement. I quickly charred tomatillos and J's baby jalapeno chiles to enhance the flavor, and processed them into a chunky sauce. This fresh tart sauce was an ideal match for the duck!

Of course, I remembered cheese! Melted cheese and freshly squeezed lime juice on the top completed the dish. Yum!

Popular Posts