Black Bean Tacos 2

Black Bean Tacos again!

Like the last time, I simmered black beans with tomato salsa. I used commercial tomato salsa which was a very good product - not sweet, not watery, fresh, bright, and spicy (for me). The salsa had already brought a good flavor while there might be some kinds of spices I could play with. Pondering about my spice strategy, it was clear that I didn't want to turn the black bean into "chile," so kept from cumin or chile powder. After all, I only picked some Ancho chile pepper to add its lovely sweet smoky flavor.

This was the commercial salsa I used, by the way. I mixed half a jar and 1 can (15 oz) Goya low-sodium black beans (drained and rinsed) in a sauce pan, cooked for about 20 min, and added in some sprinkles of Ancho chile powder. That's all.

Wrap the black bean mixture, fresh diced tomatoes and avocados, Mexican mix low-fat cheese with a homemade corn tortilla. Don't forget to squeeze fresh lime over. Then, ready to eat! Because I loaded a little bit too much everything, it was kinda messy to eat. But at home, who cares? At least J won't.

Popular Posts