Spanakopita, again

This was Greek spinach and feta pie, or Spanakopita, again!

I followed the same recipe from Cook's Illustrated. According to the recipe's advice, I used sour cream instead of whole-fat Greek yogurt that I don't find at a local grocery store.
This spinach pie tasted wonderful like the last time. I am usually not a big fan of feta cheese but somehow like feta in this pie. This pie's perfection definitely count on feta. The recipe calls for one teaspoon of grounded nutmeg. I think that makes a big difference. Nutmeg's pungent aroma, especially that from freshly grated nutmeg adds a pleasant warm tone on top of the orchestra of flavors made with multiple pungent ingredients such as feta, sour cream, scallion, garlic, fresh mint, dill and lemon zest.
We couldn't stop admiring this amazingly delicious pie while we were having a few pieces. Really good, I mean it!

Popular Posts