Paella

This was Paella.

I was thinking what we could do with a nice Spanish chorizo that we picked up at Whole Foods a few weeks ago. Paella was a great candidate. It was at least a couple of years ago when we made our first and latest Paella, but I remember the Cook's Illustrated recipe worked very well last time. So I followed it again with different seafood choices. The recipe called for 1 pound extra-large shrimps and 1 dozen mussels. Since we just made clam pasta, instead of mussels, we picked six large scallops, one medium halibut fillet and two lobster tails along with 1 pound extra-large shrimps.

The pan was overcrowded with the generous amount of the seafoods but we managed to cook all by extending the cooking time.
Ta-da! Our version of the Spanish classic was gorgeous and tasted fabulous! Of course J loved the Paella and said he could keep eating it next 7 days. Really?! I wished he could do. The pan was huge but won't last more than three days.
My favorite part was the saffron rice that absorbed all delicious juice from seafoods, chicken and chorizo. I am sure J will say "Let's make Paella"very soon.

Popular Posts