Shakshuka

This was Shakshuka - eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, onions and peppers.

Originated in Tunisia, the dish seems to be found in many other countries in Northern Africa and Middle East. I found a recipe on smitten kitchen. The recipe was a pita sandwich version of shakshuka, but I served shakshuka and pita separately. I still have a big bag of Za'atar from nuts.com, so I appreciated the recipe called for the Middle Eastern spice mix.
Along with  Za'atar, Feta was another topping. It was a kind of bell pepper-tomato stew. I liked it. More precisely, I simply like a savory dish with a runny-yolk-egg. On the other hand, assuming from J's reaction, I guess the dish was so-so for him. There are many different recipes of Shakshuka I can try unless J simply didn't like a runny-yolk-egg.

Popular Posts