Blancmange with Nectarines & Cherries Compote

This was Blancmange with baked nectarines and cherries.

It's my favorite cherry reason now. After eating dozens of fresh cherries, I thought I would bake some to enjoy in a different way. Then I remembered a recipe of nectarines and cherries compote on David Lebovitz's blog that I regularly visit. The recipe paired the compote with white chocolate and fresh ginger ice cream, which sounds fascinating but I had  already had the next ice cream project in mind, so passed this time. I had just two nectarines and a little more than a dozen of fresh cherries, so adjusted the recipe to my size.
My compote was done beautifully. The touch of vanilla and kirsch was elegant. For the compote's accompany, blancmange was my choice. I adapted a recipe from a Japanese-french baking book with just one change: adding a few drop of almond extra. The blancmange was just like a collection of air bubbles. Melt in mouth in a second.
The blancmange with the chilled compote was a perfect dessert for another muggy summer evening.

Popular Posts