Japanese Buche de Noel by Kogetsu

This was an unique sweet created by a Japanese confectionary store, Kogetsu by integrating Japanese traditional sweets into French "Buche de Noel".

My parents in Japan sent it to us as one of tons of Christmas gifts. My mother said this was Kogetsu's new product for this Christmas. The package was very attractive.
Inside of the package was this little "Yule log." How cute!! A little red sock, yellow bell, and holly. Gold and silver leaves. Very festive.
I thought a part of the log may be some sort of western sweet. Nope. The filling was white Azuki bean jelly and the outside was red bean "Soboro" paste. It was totally true Japanese traditional sweet's delicacy. How fantastic to celebrate this holiday season in the US with this creative Japanese Yule log! I wish my new year will be full with Japanese (and other) sweets.

Popular Posts