Red Wine Chocolate Cake with Whipped Mascarpone

This was Red Wine Chocolate Cake with Whipped Mascarpone.

I don't know how many times I have made red wine chocolate cake so far. Maybe four or five? But I am sure I haven't made it since... really? May 2013 according to this blog record. Time flies as usual. I made this cake for my brother's visit. I made the cake exactly in the same way as before, but the cake became somehow a little drier. The creamy garnish was necessary. While I have been serving the cake with a big drop of whipped heavy cream before, I made whipped Mascarpone this time. Whipped Mascarpone was actually the topping that the recipe I adapted from Smitten Kitchen suggested. I liked it. It was richer with good body than simple whipped heavy cream. But if Mascarpone cheese isn't in hand, whipped heavy cream would be fine. I suppose anything whipped and creamy goes well. Whipped creme fraiche? Whipped ricotta? Quark whipped cream? What else?

Popular Posts