Lebkuchen from Leckerlee Winter 2014

These were our first Lebkuchen from Leckerlee in winter 2014!

We loved those German holiday cookies from the NY bakery so much last winter. Since the bakery is open only during the christmas season, I have been waiting for this holiday season to taste the delicious cookies again. Yes, they have reopened their kitchen the late November. Yes, I placed an order for 5 bulk assorted (mix of sugar coated and chocolate coated) cookies. Dean & Deluca resell these cookies this winter like the last winter, and now Zingerman's, an online gourmet grocery store in Michigan has listed the cookies on their product profile. Apparently the Leckerlee bland is getting more popular these days.
There was a surprise. A good one. They started using the plastic container for order in bulk this season. They used to wrap the bulk cookies with roughly thin plastic film and corrugated paper, which I found some shipping issues when I received it. Of course, if you buy those cookies in their fancy artistic tin container, shipping will be secured. But I don't need the fancy tin and want to invest money only into the cookies. Ordering in bulk is ideal for me. I appreciate this improvement of the packaging.
They were so delicious as we remembered. We thought the texture was a little bit more caky. Perhaps this batch was very fresh, or the new packaging keep the cookies moist well. J was shocked to know I bought only five cookies. Don't worry I will place another order before the store is closed at the end of January 2015.

Popular Posts