Paella

The dinner for my brother's second visit was Paella.

His request was "no beef." That was easy to obey. My choice was Paella with seafood, chicken and chorizo. Beef-free! In fact, we have talked about making Paella recently. This was a good opportunity to share our favorite homemade paella with my brother.
For seafood, I picked mussels, shrimps, and scallops. I forgot fish, but it wasn't a big deal after all, I think. Side dish was simple tomato salad. For this special occasion, I opened a new red wine vinegar that I bought from Zingerman's a little white ago to make a vinaigrette for the salad. I liked the mellow and fruity flavor. I don't know the background of this Spanish vinegar while it was a Zingerman's pick. The vinegar must be a special!
Paella was great! J said it was one of the best Paella. My brother seemed to enjoy the Paella too. He had a second plate. I was also satisfied with the result until I found out the next day that I had forgot fresh parsley and fresh lemon juice for the final touch...

Popular Posts