Roasted Butternut Squash Soup & Tuna Salad Sandwich with Sesame Loaf

This was a soup-sandwich combo dinner: roasted butternut squash soup and tuna salad sandwich with sesame loaf.

Think about silky soup with roasted butternut squash and roasted shallot with a hint of ginger. Who doesn't like it? I thought about J. He will probably say something. He is not a big fan of sweet dishes, I know. Yes, I know that. But I made this soup anyway. It's a butternut squash season, and we haven't tasted it yet. I adapted a recipe that I found online, which was very simple and well-reviewed. The soup tasted delightful! Yes, it was very sweet, but I would say, in a lovely way. It was just amazing how sweet butternut squash is naturally, and the sweetness gets wonderfully concentrated after roasted. Maybe awfully sweet for J. But he managed to finish his cup. Good job!
For the sandwich part, I baked sesame loaf - buttery white sandwich loaf with toasted black and white sesame. To oil the inside of the loaf pan, I used olive oil instead of usual Pam or vegetable oil. I don't know because of the change, the bread didn't come out from the pan. I tried to separate the bread from the pan with a knife. Then, poor bread, both of the sides were wounded...
Still the inside looked nice!
I carefully sliced the bread and assembled the sandwiches.
Homemade tuna salad, tomato and lettuce as usual. With generous mustard on the both side as always. Cheese-free tuna sandwich has been our recent trend. A set of the sandwich with a cup of the soup was more than satisfied.

Popular Posts