Last Pasta Puttanesca in 2014

This was the last Pasta Puttanesca in 2014!

According to J's request, the pasta was angel hair. And less anchovy. I added 2 and a half anchovies instead of usual 8. And I did a few of other adjustments on my old recipe.
Anchovy didn't disappear and less fishy. I guess I had been putting anchovy too much. This updated recipe will be for the new year, 2015!

Puttanesca for 2015
SERVES 2

2 tbs olive oil
1/2 dried red chili pepper, crushed
2 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 fillet anchovies
1 tbs capers, rinsed, dried and chopped
2 oz pitted black olives, such as Kalamata, sliced
14 oz crushed tomatoes (I crushed diced tomato from 1 (14 oz) can with hand-held blender)
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
200 g (a little less of 8 oz) pasta

1. Start boiling water in a pan for pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a different pan over medium-low heat, cook garlic and red pepper until some garlic become light golden
2. Stir in anchovies, cook for 30 second
3. Stir in tomatoes, capers, and olives, simmer for about 10 min
4. Meanwhile cook pasta
5. Stir in parsley and pasta in the sauce, toss well and serve

Popular Posts