Banoffee Shortcake

This was Banoffee Shortcake.

Both of my two new British baking books had a recipe of Banoffee pie, an English pastry made from banana, toffee cream (dulce de leche), whipped cream, grated chocolate and pie. It sounded like a dream. I wanted to make it as an individual pie, not a big one, so that I won't need to slice the pie, which would probably mess up all fillings, especially toffee cream. After I filled four small pie plates with homemade pie crust, I realized those pie plates were actually not really small for my purpose. It was more like a small quiche for lunch or light dinner. Well, I could eat Banoffee pie in that size even after a big dinner, but perhaps not J. I have already bought dolce de leche. Bananas on the kitchen counter were looking at me. I couldn't stop the Banoffee project. I had an idea, a good one. There were sweet biscuits that I made classic strawberry shortcake with. I halved biscuits, arranged toffee cream, banana, whipped cream and grated chocolate. Tada! Banoffee Shortcake! It was wonderful. Funny, J prefered Banoffee shortcake to classic strawberry shortcake. I loved both!

Popular Posts