Japanese Chestnut Sweets from Japan

These were Japanese Chestnut sweets that my parents sent me from Japan for Christmas.

Because I have substantial affection for chestnut sweets and often complain about the absence of chestnut sweets in the US, at least around this DC area, my parents have been kindly sending me both Japanese and European style chestnut sweets for special occasions such as Christmas and birthday. We got traditional Japanese chestnut sweets this time. The outside of both had sweetened Azuki red bean jelly, but the inside was different. One in a round shape had chestnut paste called Kuri-kinton; the other one had a whole sweetened chestnut. Both were delightful.
J enjoyed both, especially one with Kuri-kinton, which he said was the creamiest chestnut sweet he had had. There was one more Japanese chestnut sweet from Japan. It was candied whole chestnuts and Azuki beans. Beautiful and delicious. Traditional Japanese confections are like an art!
When all of these goodies from Japan have gone, where should my passion for chestnuts, or Kuri lie?

Popular Posts