Big-Batch Bolognese Sauce on Fresh Tagliatelle

It was another day to enjoy our Big-Batch Bolognese Sauce.

This time we bought fresh Tagliatelle from Cucina Al Volo, a new fresh authentic Italian pasta shop located in Union Market, Washington DC. A man at the shop told us not to boil the pasta more than three minutes. I followed the direction. The pasta was smooth. A little chewy. The portion for a person was generous. I couldn't move after finishing up my bowl for a while...
When we visited the shop, they also had Fussili and Ravioli with filling of a kind of meat ragu, which I don't clearly remember. Somehow I expected to see many various kinds of pasta in their showcase, so I was a little disappointed. At least, we were lucky to manage to get fresh Tagliatelle for two because these two portions were the last Tagliatelle in the showcase! Maybe the stop makes only a few limited kinds of pasta at a time with well-selected local seasonal ingredients and their pride. My positive thinking.
Our Bolognese sauce was again nicely defrosted and tasted wonderful. The sauce has been a real winner. We have one more container of the sauce in the freezer. The time to defrost the last one will come very soon. I am very sure about it!

Popular Posts