First Pasta Puttanesca in 2016

This was our first Pasta Puttanesca in 2016!

It's a pasta dish that I think about when I have fresh Italian parsley in hand. Other ingredients are what I usually keep in pantry or refrigerator. So, fresh parsley is a driver. This time, too. Our homemade Puttanesca sauce was great as usual. It was robust and bright. It had a big anchovy-punch even though I used only three filets. Well, they were big filets. I used to use six filets, which was good but sometimes too strong. I am glad to keep reviewing and updating my recipe. I made a little bit of change on my recipe of Puttanesca for 2015. 2016 version will start with the below.

Puttanesca for 2016
SERVES 2

2 tbs olive oil
1/2 dried red chili pepper, crushed
1 medium garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 - 3 fillet anchovies
1 tbs capers, rinsed, dried and chopped
2 1/4 oz pitted black olives, such as Kalamata, sliced
14 oz crushed tomatoes (I crushed petit-diced tomato from 1 (14 oz) can with hand-held blender)
2 tbs chopped fresh Italian parsley
220 g pasta
Some freshly ground black pepper

1. Start boiling water in a pan for pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a different pan over medium-low heat, cook garlic and red pepper until some garlic become light golden
2. Stir in anchovies, mash with a spatula into the oil, cook for 30 second
3. Stir in tomatoes, capers, and olives, simmer for about 10 min
4. Meanwhile cook pasta
5. Stir in parsley and pasta in the sauce, toss well, garnish with black pepper and serve

Popular Posts