Baked Buttermilk Doughnut with Chocolate Glaze & Roasted Peanuts

This was baked buttermilk doughnut with chocolate glaze and roasted peanuts.

After my no-so-great experience of making pumpkin cake doughnuts from scratch, I came back to King Arther Flour's mix. This time I tried a new flavor - buttermilk doughnut!
There was another "new." This was the first baking with our new beautiful oven! The oven has a convection bake function, but I baked those doughnuts without running a convection fan. The doughnuts were baked nicely within the suggested timeframe.
J said Yes! to my topping idea - homemade semi-sweet chocolate glaze and chunky roasted peanuts that we LOVED before. I knew he would say so.
The doughnuts were light and very tasty. I wasn't sure if I tasted buttermilk, but we both clearly tasted cinnamon. Actually the mix box said in a small letter "classic buttermilk flavor with just a hint of cinnamon." It wasn't a hint but quite obvious. I am not complaining about it; cinnamon was simply unexpected. We were so happy with the lovely cinnamon-y chocolate-y doughnut breakfast.

Popular Posts