Harvest Apple Cranberry Cake

This was harvest apple cranberry cake.

It was my latest apple baking project! The recipe was by King Arthur Flour. The combination of apple and cranberries looked very festive. I love cranberries in baking goods. Although I understand they are sour, I reduced coconut sugar, which I used to replace regular sugar, by expecting apple could help sweeten the cake.
Spread batter over the fruit. Again, I reduced a little bit of coconut sugar in the cake, too.
Upside down. Ta-da!
Even if the recipe didn't say whipped cream is a suitable accompaniment, I would add a big drop of it on the top. I made the cream sweeter than usual with Splenda to offset the sourness of cranberries.
The result was wonderful! I admit the cranberries were pretty tart, but they was beautifully merged with sweet apple, very sweet airy whipped cream, and light and moist cake. The tartness actually brightened the cake up!

Popular Posts