Homemade Spanish Rice

This was homemade Spanish rice.

And some leftover deluxe fajita from a local Mexican restaurant that came from our take-out dinner day before. Serving the leftover with Spanish rice was J's idea. Perhaps he didn't know I haven't made Spanish rice before. I only bought a commercial box of Spanish rice with seasoning. I searched a recipe. Aha! I found one quickly on one of my favorite blogs, SimplyRecipes. I had all ingredients in hand and it looked incredibly easy. In case I browsed some more recipes. One called for chili powder. Chili powder may not be traditional, but I added a couple of tea spoons for extra flavors. The rice was delicious! I don't know what I have been waiting not to make it by myself. No more box product will be in my pantry. By the way, according to wiki, the Spanish people doesn't know such a dish called Spanish rice. Moreover, the Mexicans don't use the name; instead, they call the dish as arroz (rice) or arroz rojo (red rice). That puzzled me. So, where the name came from?

Popular Posts