Silk Road Choyhona

It was our first time to try Silk Road Choyhona, an Uzbek restaurant in Gaithersburg, MD.

The restaurant was my pick based on Yelp reviews. Some food like kabab were familiar with us while there were items on their menu I was very curious, like our main dish Plov, a rice pilaf with lamb. The dish came with a whole roasted garlic that was very tender and sweet. In the rice, chick peas and raisins were hidden. The taste was pretty mild, which I didn't mind.

As an appetizer, J ordered beef tongue with horseradish. It was simple and good.
As a dumpling lover, I wanted to try one of their dumpling dishes, too. We got pumpkin Manti. Steaming and deep-frying were choices of cooking. We chose steaming. The dumpling wrap was nicely chewy, and pumpkin fillings were lovely cumin-y. I liked them!
For a dessert, we ordered baklava to go, but they didn't have any. Instead they had something called "roletti" (spell?), which we went back home with. They explained those were a pastry filled with nuts and honey. It sounded like baklava. It was small rolled thin pasty. I guess the name suggests the shape. Not too sweet. Not spicy at all. Very simple. They were nice with a little cup of afternoon coffee.
Overall, I enjoyed the place. I would like to go back and try different things when we are around the area next time. J agreed with me!

Popular Posts