Christmas Dinner 2016

Merry Christmas 2016!

J's parents visited us as usual and celebrated the holiday together. In addition to many generous gifts, they brought two kinds of caviar for appetizers. We were very excited because it has passed years since we had caviar.
A champagne toast! The champagne that J picked was wonderful. Perfect for the special occasion like this.
There were also three kinds of cheese that J picked at Union Market a few days ago:
  - Güntensberg: cow's milk, Switzerland / nutty!
  - Leonora: goat's milk, Spain / bright!
  - Rush Creek Reserve: cow's milk, WI / buttery!
Each cheese was very tasty, different from others and neatly complement each other!
For caviar, we had two kinds of blinis, and creme fraiche, boiled eggs, scallion, capers, and lemon wedge as garnishes. I enjoyed making my own little canapés so much!
After the rich appetizers, I couldn't believe we would still have a dinner, but we somehow managed it. According to J's request, the main dish was slow-roasted beef. As sides, I made braised carrots and parsnips and spinach cake. I also baked fluffy dinner rolls.
Another champagne toast with a bottle that J's parents brought. My dinner plate was full with food. What was my favorite?
The answer was dinner rolls!
Desserts? Of course! To be continued...

Popular Posts