Custardy Apple Squares

This was a custardy apple square.

I was looking for another apple dessert recipe since there were still two medium large Golden Delicious in the refrigerator. The recipe that I found on Washington Post online was by Dorie Greenspan, an award-winning cookbook author. The recipe looked simple. The combination of apple and custard sounded promising. And, I had all ingredients. There was no reason for me to wait to bake it.
I replaced regular sugar in the ingredient list with coconut sugar as usual. I also added German apple and pear brandy. Why not?
The result was delightful. It was very similar to a custard pudding with apple. Perhaps, more like bread pudding that replaced bread with apple. I enjoyed it when the square was still warm and chilled. It was lovely as a little dessert after dinner, a tea stack and even a breakfast!

Popular Posts