Chicken Marsala with Fresh Kale Fusilli

This was chicken marsala with fresh kale Fusilli.

The twist pasta was from Cucina Al Volo at Union Market. I didn't want to cover the beautiful green color or delicate kale flavor with pasta sauce. I didn't think tomato sauce was a way to go. Creamy sauce? Perhaps. Alfredo sauce with mushrooms? Maybe, but J is not always a fan of white sauce. Ah! A potential idea popped up in mind. Chicken marsala. I have seen J sometimes gets chicken marsala from our favorite local Italian restaurant. Lean tender chicken breasts and earthy mushrooms with rich marsala sauce sounded like a suitable match to the special pasta.
I didn't realize I never made chicken marsala by myself. I simply went to Cook's Illustrated's website and got a recipe. I made a couple of changes as usual. I skipped pancetta, which I didn't have in hand. I didn't also have enough marsala, so I mixed port in. And I didn't have fresh oregano. I used dried.
With those changes, the result was wonderful! Why didn't I make chicken marsala before?! I really liked the green pasta with the rich marsala sauce. The sauce didn't hide the leafy flavor of the pasta. On the contrary, the sauce enhanced it, I thought.
It looked a lot, but it was easy to finish the bowl up. It was that delicious! These days more chicken dishes, less I feel chicken is my enemy.

Popular Posts