Black Bean Tacos, again

These were black bean tacos, again!

I cooked canned black bean with onion and green bell pepper, simmered it with low-sodium chicken broth, and seasoned with homemade fajita spice mix. I didn't remember I used homemade Taco seasoning mix before. Actually both were almost identical, and I didn't think J would claim the bean filling wasn't tacos but fajita. He didn't.
I made fresh tomato salsa. I looked for ripen avocados at a local grocery store, but all of them there was like a rock. I came back home with a commercial pre-made guacamole.
The hard corn shells were tricky. I couldn't find a box of large and wide open shells, so-called "super stuffer" that I usually choose. Unfortunately I got a regular style that had a little narrow opening, which was so difficult to fill. Or, were we so hungry (greedy?) to fill too much?
It looked messy, but they were truly delicious.

Popular Posts