Non-Bake Lemon Cream Tart with Blueberry Compote

This was non-bake cream lemon pie.

My usual cream lemon pie is baked. Ingredients for this non-bake version were almost the same as those of my usual cream lemon pie. Differences were this didn't contain any eggs, this did a pack of low-fat cream cheese, and this did about tea spoon of unflavored gelatin powder. With 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest from three lemons, this non-bake version was as lemony as my baked one. I saw a couple of non-bake lemon pie or lemon cheesecake recipes and made up my less-sugar, less-fat, more lemon version. For the crust, I used less graham crackers than usual, added a couple tablespoons of coconut sugar and fine coconut powder. I liked the coconut effects in terms of texture and flavor.
Because it was no-bake, first I thought I won't bake the crust either. Many recipes don't pre-bake the graham cracker crust. However, I had a second thought and baked the crust about 20 minutes to make sure the crust is light, sandy, and flavorful. So, technically this pie is not totally non-bake, but I shall still call it non-bake anyway. When the crust was cooled down to room temperature, I mixed all filling ingredients and filled the crust. Then, place in the refrigerator. Easy non-bake!
Adding gelatin to the filling was to ensure the non-bake pie to be set and beautifully sliced. I think it did work well. I LOVE the combination of lemon and blueberries. I had frozen wild blueberries in hand. I quickly made blueberry compote with frozen wild blueberries, some Splenda and some fresh lemon juice.
My non-bake lemon pie was no extra granulated sugar added, egg-free, amazingly lemony, wonderfully creamy, coconut-tropical sandy crust, not-too-sweet, and because of non-bake, a full of Vitamin C! All I love was in the pie. This is going to be my new standard of creamy lemon pie.

Popular Posts