Fish Curry

This was fish curry.

I asked J what kind of dinner he would like. He said curry, particularly fish curry like one that a local Indian restaurant serves as a part of their lunch buffet dishes. I knew he liked their fish curry, but actually I tasted a very small portion only once long time ago. Therefore, I don't remember what it lasted like.
I started searching a fish curry recipe online. Ah-ha! It was easy to find a recipe of "Indian Fish Curry" online that has been well-reviewed. I adapted the recipe with some changes as usual. I added an extra onion and extra cashew nuts, used a whole can of petite diced tomatoes, increased water to more than 1 cup, and added a couple of cardamon buds and a bay leaf. For fish, we picked a halibut filet and a tilapia fillet. The recipe used an oven to cook the curry, but I did on the stove by gently simmering with cover for about 20-25 minutes. Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish. Basmati rice for side.
Ta-da! The result was excellent. It was very aromatic. I didn't add a lot of chili, so the curry didn't have much heat, which I think wasn't necessary for this delicate fish curry. My new recipe is a keeper!

Popular Posts