Rare Bird Preserves' Blackberry Lime Curd

This was Rare Bird Preserves' Blackberry Lime Curd.

I have found many curds - often lemon curds - I didn't care. Actually I didn't like them. Too eggy was a reason for the most cases. When I met a kind of not-eggy-but-simply-delicious-curd, I would be so lucky. This was a such moment. The blackberry lime curd was a wonderful marriage of aromatic berries and zesty lime in a rich custardy situation.
I wasn't really looking for a new curd actually. I simply wanted to try a new brand of fruit jam. I am a jam eater. During the last Christmas shopping, I found a package of Rare Bird's three preserves on Food52.com. One of them was strawberry rhubarb jam. Strawberry rhubarb is one of my favorite jams, but so difficult to find something I approve. So, I was curious about their version. The rest of three were two kinds of fruit curds. In fact I have known Rare Bird as one of U.S. gourmet jam brands for a while, but haven't tried any their products because their flagship products seem to be curds. My basic rule: Stay away from curds! However, their strawberry rhubarb jam kept calling me, and I had a discount coupon for Food52.com. I took a chance to welcome two kinds of curds along with strawberry rhubarb. My decision was right. I have't opened strawberry rhubarb and the other curd - Passion Fruit yet. I am looking forward to trying both now!

Popular Posts