Chicken Katsu-Don

My first homemade Katsu-Don! A new Japanese restaurant in Harrogate, Domo's Katsudon inspired me. Katsudon is usually with breaded deep-fried pork, but I used chicken. I try not to deal with any deep-frying task at home, so I bought M&S's crispy chicken breast, which I just popped into the oven and baked for about 30 minutes. Easy, clean, and actually pretty tasty without being greasy! I could have bought if there was deep-fried pork at M&S or Waitrose. I guess deep-fried pork is not a common dish in England although various kinds of pork meat and products are available. Katsu-Don with chicken was somewhere between traditional Katsu-Don and Oyako-Don (Japanese chicken and egg rice bowl). After all, Pork or chicken, or fried or non-fried doesn't matter. A dish with soft eggs in a soy sauce-based sweet and savory sauce and placed over rice is always delicious. My chicken Katsu-don successfully proved it.

Popular Posts