Homemade Beef & Chicken Fajita

It was a homemade Fajita day! Since we moved to Harrogate, surprisingly we haven't really eaten any Latin American (including Mexican and Tex-Mex) foods, which used to be our routine meal in the US. I have seen tortillas in grocery stores and brought various spices from the US. It was time to cook my first Fajita in the UK. Pre-cut beef and chicken for stir-fry that I bought at M&S was ready to cook. Fajita seasoning was my made-up. Since this was Fajita, I didn't prepare salsa but guacamole and cheese. I couldn't find ripen avocados, so I bought pre-made guacamole. So easy. In terms of cheese, however, it was a bit tricky. I used to buy shredded "Mexican four cheese mix" or sometimes Cotija, a hard, crumbly Mexican cheese in the US. I didn't see either at M&S here. I wanted a kind of creamy, mild cheese on my Fajita. My pick was Ayrshire cheese made in Dumfriesshire, Scotland. As its package said, it was a mild cheese with "a nutty flavor and smooth texture." Just what I liked on my Fajita. Homemade Fajita in the UK was as easy, tasty and satisfying as one in the US. It can be our routine meal again.

Popular Posts