Pineapple Upside-down Cake


Homemade Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the UK! We had a guest who was British. We thought offering an American classic dessert would be interesting. I have made Pineapple Upside-down cake twice before. I adapted a recipe by Cook's Illustrated both times and I remember that the result was great. So, I was going to do the same again, but I realized that I didn't have a hand or standing mixer. I had a whisk, so I could make batter manually. Then, I thought about using a food processor. I used a food processor to make almond cake and it turned out very well. I found a few recipes of any upside-down cake made with food processor online, compared them with one by Cook's Illustrated, and adjusted each volume of the ingredients to make an 8 inch cake. Making batter with a food processor took longer time than I expected. Probably my food processor wasn't powerful enough or didn't mix well. A good news was that the result was fine! My effort wasn't in vain.


In fact, the cake part wasn't a real issue after all. Pineapple was a problem. Fresh pineapple I bought at M&S was't well ripen yet. When I cooked the fresh pineapple and caramelized them, they became ok although it could be better if the pineapple was nicely ripen, juicy and sweet.

Popular Posts